Follow these steps for EFT Tapping for Headaches to bring relief.
1. Be as specific as possible. How would you describe your headache? Splitting? Throbbing? Dull ache?
Where is it located? In this example we’re going to use a throbbing headache in the forehead.
Feel free to change the words to fit your situation.
2. Notice how intense the feeling is and rate it from 0 to 10, with 10 being incredibly painful and 0 being no pain at all.
3. Tap continuously on the Karate Chop point and say three times, “Even though I have this throbbing headache in my forehead, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
4. Then go through the points, tapping on each while you repeat a reminder phrase. You can keep the wording exactly the same, or modify it on each point, whichever feels comfortable to you.
For these examples, we have changed the reminder phrase slightly at each point, but it is not necessary.
Top of the Head: This throbbing headache.
Eyebrow: I wish it would go away.
Side of the Eye: It’s right in the center of my forehead.
Under the Eye: It makes it hard to focus.
Under the Nose: My head really hurts.
Chin: I hate having headaches.
Collarbone: This throbbing headache and all that it means to me.
Under the Arm: This headache in my forehead.
Top of the Head: I ask my body for relief.
5. Take a deep breath.
6. Notice how intense the pain is now and rate it from 0 to 10. You may want to repeat the same tapping sequence, using “remaining throbbing headache” as the reminder phrase.
Or you may find that the pain has changed or shifted. It may no longer throb, or it might have moved from your forehead to your neck.
This happens sometimes as your body processes the stress or energy that was causing the pain. You can tap another round using the new location or sensation. As you chase the pain, you are clearing stress from your body.
As you do this, it can help to notice that you are taking your own power back. You don’t have to suffer through. You can reclaim your day, and enjoy it!
Part of our brain evolved long ago. That primitive part of our brain is geared for survival. When we hurt, the primitive brain can get scared and overwhelmed. As we learn to intentionally soothe ourselves and become more self-empowered, we find a freedom and an ease to our days.
Things that used to scare us feel less threatening. Problems that come up seem smaller and easier to handle. And we have more room and time to connect with those we love and create the world we want to live in.
Our Relief NOW Program is also great fit to help you with headaches and other types of pain.
If you are new to EFT Tapping, sign up to get our Free EFT Tapping Guide.
Originally published April 22, 2011
For me headaches were a result of stress building up in my system until it crashed into and all around my brain, head, and neck… shoulders, upper back, digestive system, and more!
EFT Tapping helped really change the patterns. As a kind of “energy medicine” EFT can bring attention and soothing even when we’re distressed.
A pro tip: tap BEFORE you get the headache by taking care of the stress that is building up. You can learn more how to bring relief to your body here: https://www.thrivingnow.com/relief