If your body has a lot of pain and your mind always seems distressed, can it truly bring Relief to stop treating your body-mind like it's the enemy?
Be WITH+IN Our Body... It's a "Love Relationship"
Pain and trauma can take us out of our body, disconnecting us from our natural capacity to comfort and heal. Too often we treat our body-mind with hate and disgust... yet our heart still keeps beating and our nervous system keeps trying its best to help us survive. That's devotion.
There's love there, even if not reflected (yet!) in our attitude towards the parts of us that seem to be inflicting distress on us and "ruining our life." When we treat the parts of us that need relief with respect... and even a bit of curiosity and care... we ease the inner conflict that otherwise causes loud and painful suffering.
Yes, it brings HUGE Relief to the body to be treated as a loved friend and trusted lifelong companion... and Here's Why...
If "someone" poked and pinched you all the time, and you felt bruised and abused by them, it would make total sense to:
- Want them to STOP and GO AWAY!
- Not trust them and feel they are ruining your life, your peace, your well-being.
- Ignore them as much as possible and get angry and resentful when you couldn't ignore the pain they were causing.
Here's the problem. Your body isn't a "them." It just can feel like it is.
Humans have evolved ways of coping with trauma and injury. One of those ways is to dissociate. We separate out the part of us that is in overwhelming distress from the rest of us. And we keep going. And going. And going. In our culture, we often do not get the time and skilled support to re-connect and heal. The dissociation becomes chronic, and pain moves into suffering. Ouch.
To heal deeply and completely, we need to repair the connection. And, we need an empowering attitude -- a frame of reference towards our body -- that lets us feel what we need to feel and let out what needs to be let out and discover all the many ways we can shift, move, nourish, and cleanse our body-mind so it can find Relief NOW. And again. And again. Whenever relief is needed!
Simple Key #2
Repair any disconnections and Re-frame your relationship to your body.
Build loving trust starting NOW.
Do This By...
1. Check In with the Body and Tap to Start Healing the Disconnect and Distrust
– What parts are you disconnected from? (Do you need our Free EFT Tapping Guide ?)
– What parts do you have any animosity (or even hate) towards because they are “hurting you, betraying you, stopping you” ?
2. Actively Open to the Possibility of a Better Relationship Between You and Your Body
3. Go With + In. Listen. Engage as Caring Friends. Embody Love.
You Can Go Deeper By...
- Let your pain be a call to re-connect. It is. Tap on the feelings you have about the part of your body in pain as well as any emotions coming up. Even just a few minutes can help flow more healing relief energy to that part of you.
- Practice being with + in your body. It want's to heal, it wants to survive and be safe, and it wants also to be there together with you as you live a thriving life together. Embody Love.
- Sign-up for our free 5-Lesson EFT Tapping To Accelerate Pain Relief Course.
Remember, your body is with you intimately... until death do you part. Investing energy in the connection between You and You is key to feeling whole and truly confident... knowing you can listen deeply and bring some Relief to the parts of you that are hurting... NOW.